Terms and Conditions - Summary Valid Until 30 Apr 2017
Rental rate includes
- Unlimited kilometer usage of the Ford Transit Deluxe turbo diesel powered motorhome as shown on this website and operated by New Zealand Frontiers.
- Comprehensive insurance with $NZD2500 excess (add $NZD25 per day for zero excess).
- Delivery of your motorhome to your arriving flight or any other address in the Auckland area, or your transfer from that location to the New Zealand Frontiers depot. Delivery to other airports and addresses throughout New Zealand is also included if requested and covered by any one-way rental fees advised with your quote.
- Your transfer back the airport or any other address in the Auckland area upon termination of your rental. The recovery of your motorhome from any other address in New Zealand is also included if requested and covered by any one-way rental fees advised with your quote.
- Nationwide roadside assistance and freephone helpline.
- Maps, guides and other driving information.
- Kruse GPS activated audio commentary and navigation unit
- All the living equipment you'll require for a comfortable vacation, including cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils, pillows, duvet, towels, picnic table and chairs.
- Discounted access to motorhome parks and, if requested, discounted ferry reservations.
- A full water tank and gas bottle.
- 15 % GST (Goods and Services Tax)
More info: Motorhomes
More info: Insurance
More info: Living Equipment
- Unless otherwise agreed pick up and drop off is at Auckland. However, pick up and drop off throughout New Zealand can be arranged and, where agreed upon, will be covered by any one-way rental fees advised with your quote.
- Open hours are 0700 - 2000.
- Minimum rental duration is five days.
- Day of pick up and day of drop off are always calculated as full days regardless of the pick up and drop off times. Late pick up and early drop off do not entitle the hirer to any refunds of unused time.
- When a rental duration covers more than one rate period the quote calculation is based proportionately on the rate applying to each month. The daily rental rate applied to each month is based upon the seasonal demand for that month and the total duration of the rental.
More info: Rental Rates
Rental extension and late returns
- The rental duration may be extended by arrangement and any extensions requested can only be authorised subject to availability. Authorisation must be obtained and additional payment made before the end of your existing Rental Agreement. The availability of extensions is not guaranteed.
- Unauthorized late returns will be charged the full day rate for each extra day. If more than 24 hours late an additional $500 penalty may be charged where compensation is due to other clients as a result of your actions.
One way rentals and change of destination
- One way rentals are available. An additional charge equal to the cost of recovering or delivering the vehicle will apply and be clearly shown in your quote.
- One way rentals and changes of destination after the start of your hire are also possible. Any changes requested can only be authorised subject to availability. Authorisation must be obtained and any additional payment made before the end of your existing contract. The availability of changes is not guaranteed.
Use of vehicle
- You agree to use your New Zealand Frontiers motorhome in a prudent, cautious, normal manner and not in a manner likely to cause damage.
- You agree to contact New Zealand Frontiers as soon as possible (using the free phone number provided) upon any damage occurring to your motorhome, or upon experiencing any problems that reduce the quality of your rental.
- You must not carry more persons than are indicated in the Rental Agreement.
- You must not use your motorhome under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You must not carry or store unrestrained items such as freight, bicycles, skis and diving equipment in your motorhome.
- Payment is accepted by all major credit cards. The online reservation form provides a secure facility to submit credit card details with. Payment by cash or cheque may be accepted by arrangement.
- Full payment for your reservation is due 30 days prior to the start of your rental. A deposit payment of $NZD200 is due three days after you have been provided with a copy of your processed reservation to confirm. However, if your reservation is received less than 30 days prior to your rental start date, full payment will be due soon after providing you with your confirmation. In all cases, your payment schedule will be clearly indicated on the Reservation Confirmation supplied to you by New Zealand Frontiers.
- Your responding to any e-mail communication from New Zealand Frontiers shall establish the basis for assumption of your receipt of all communications. Prior to receiving payment from you New Zealand Frontiers reserves the right not to proceed with accepting your reservation where it is believed that e-mail communication with you may be unreliable.
- No reservation is secured until such time as payment is received from you. Payment may not be deducted from your account where it is believed that e-mail communication with you may be unreliable.
More info: Payment
More info: Making a Reservation
Cancellation fees are (as a percentage of the total owing for the total duration of the rental)
- 25 or more days before rental start date - no fee applies
- 7 - 24 days before rental start date - 15%
- 0 - 6 days before rental start date - 50%
- Cancellation after the rental start date or early return of the vehicle will result in no refund.
- No show will result in cancellation of reservation and no refund.
More info: Cancellation Fees
- New Zealand Frontiers recommends that you read all of the information provided on the Insurance page of this website (see link below or find under Costs on the menu above)
- New Zealand Frontiers recommends that you choose the Zero Excess insurance option and that you purchase full travel insurance before travelling.
- Your New Zealand Frontiers motorhome is covered by comprehensive insurance which is included in the daily rental rate. However, you will be responsible for the first $NZD2500 ("The Excess") of each claim unless you have purchased the Zero Excess option.
- New Zealand Frontiers insurance does not cover your personal property or your personal medical expenses. New Zealand Frontiers insurance also does not cover the first $NZD2500 of each claim unless you have purchased the Zero Excess option.
- If you have breached any of the conditions of the Rental Agreement you sign upon taking delivery of your motorhome you will receive no insurance cover. Conditions include, but are not limited to; drunkenness, illegal use of the vehicle, leaving the keys in the vehicle while it is unattended, damaging the engine through incorrect fuel use, etc.
- In case you have chosen the $NZD2500 Excess option, if you have an accident or need to make a claim for any other reason the full excess will be charged immediately regardless of fault. However, any unused portion of the excess will be refunded upon completion of repairs or if recovered from a third party.
More info: Insurance
- A Security Deposit of $NZD2500 will be required at the time you pick up your motorhome. This is usually provided as an undeposited credit card sales voucher, but can be paid by cash if preferred. The Security Deposit will be returned in full upon return of the motorhome with a full tank of fuel to the agreed location, on the agreed date with no damage to it or to third party property and with all equipment provided returned in good condition, and provided all the terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement have been met.
- The Security Deposit is provided for the purpose of reimbursement of any additional costs to New Zealand Frontiers caused by your use of the motorhome. Costs include, but are not limited to lost equipment or damage to the motorhome and third party property not covered by the insurance, any fines you receive, unauthorised rental extension, etc.
- In case you have chosen the $NZD2500 Excess option, the insurance excess applies per claim, not per hire. A new security deposit will be required after any insurance claim you make during a hire.
- New Zealand Frontiers motorhomes are presented in immaculate condition and maintained in accordance with manufacturers' schedules. Any problems with the vehicle, including equipment failure, tyre or windscreen replacement and incidents likely to result in insurance claims, must be reported using the freephone helpline as soon as possible to enable an opportunity to rectify the problem. Failure to notify within 24 hours may limit your compensation and increase your liability under the insurance contract.
- Your motorhome is owned and operated by New Zealand Frontiers and you are not authorised to modify the vehicle or to pay for repair expenses on behalf of New Zealand Frontiers without prior approval.
Driver licence and age
- You can drive your motorhome with a car licence and licences from all countries are normally valid in New Zealand for up to one year. However, if your licence is not in English then New Zealand law requires that you must also carry an official translation or an international driving permit with you.
- Drivers must be a minimum 21 years of age.
- New Zealand Frontiers provide a guide book to local laws and you will be liable yourself for any fines or penalties you receive.
More info: Road Code
- There are no road restrictions and your motorhome can be used on all legally formed sealed bitumen and well maintained gravel roads. You must not drive on beaches, in salt water, or on areas signposted as prohibited.
Animals and pets
- New Zealand Frontiers does not allow animals to be carried in our vehicles.
Currency and exchange rate
- All prices are in New Zealand dollars. New Zealand Frontiers is not responsible for exchange rate fluctuations which may cause variation in the value of refunds.
This Summary of Terms and Conditions provides an accurate summary of the full Terms and Conditions included in the Rental Agreement. You will be required to acknowledge your acceptance when you submit your reservation request. You will have the full Terms and Conditions explained to you upon taking delivery of your motorhome and will be required to sign your acceptance of them on the Rental Agreement.
Camper Campers Campervan Campervans Motorhome Motorhomes Rental Rentals Hire New Zealand